SECUROUTE was part to the Africa continental workshop on road safety on wednesday, 19 may 2021.
Organized by the Global Alliance, this online meeting aim to :
- Update the African Road Safety Action Plan (2021-2030) and align it with the GlobalAction Plan for the Second UN Road Safety Decade currently being prepared as wellas recommendations of the Stockholm Declaration and UN Resolution A/RES/74/299 of 2 September 2020.
- Proceed with the Expert validation of the African Road Safety Action Plan (2021-2030)
- Review the work of the African Road Safety Observatory (ARSO) and explore itscontribution to the implementation of the Second Road Safety Decade in Africa.
- Advocate for Member States, that have not yet done so, to sign and ratify the Africanroad safety charter.
- Advocate for the adoption of 30km/h speed limit in urban areas.
The outcomes expected are :
- Validated Action plan for the Decade 2021-2030
- Proposals for the full implementation of the ARSO
- Participants are encouraged to express their support to the UN call for action forthe 30km/h speed limit where people walk, live and play is signed.
In agreement with all participants, the global plan of action for the 2021-2030 decade of action for road safety was submitted and approve. The document will be update with few contributions by 26 may 2021.